- Facebook Dating is a free dating service that’s part of the Facebook app for iPhone and Android.
- You can get started by tapping the Dating button in the shortcuts section of the three-line menu on Facebook.
- Facebook Dating can help you find matches using your interests, Facebook events, and Facebook Groups.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
While single people are more or less inundated with dating apps, everything from Tinder to Hinge to Bumble and many others as well, Facebook offers its own dating service, baked into the Facebook mobile app.
While it has a relatively modest user base, it is an attractive alternative because it leverages the existing Facebook audience and promises to more easily connect you with people who share your interests and activities. In addition, unlike almost any other dating app, Facebook Dating is completely free – there are no premium features behind a paywall.
How to activate Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating is only available in the mobile app (Android, iOS), so you can’t access it in a web browser or on your computer. But getting to the dating app is simple:
1. Start the Facebook app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the three-line menu.
3. In the All Shortcuts section, look for Dating. If you don’t see it, scroll down and tap See More.
If you don’t see the Dating shortcut, tap See More.
4. Tap Dating.
The Dating shortcut can be found by tapping the menu button in the Facebook app.
5. Tap Get Started.
6. Follow the instructions to set up your dating profile. Facebook imports a lot of details from your Facebook profile, but you can specify which items become a part of the new profile. To change an item, tap the Pencil, and to remove it from your profile entirely, tap the X.
Dating imports a lot of details from your Facebook profile so setup goes quickly.
7. Continue to progress through the profile setup. You can specify details like your height, whether you have kids, and if you want to use location services so Facebook Dating can match you with other local people.
8. When you’re done, tap Confirm to publish your profile.
How to use Facebook Dating
If you have any experience with other dating apps, you should be right at home in Facebook Dating. After you complete your profile, you can always get back to it from your shortcuts in the three-line menu in the same way as when you set up …….